i really enjoyed this video clip from Hitch-Kas (Nobody), self-assumed Godfather of Iranian rap. the video is worth watching to get a glimpse of what Iranian rap sounds like. i just have some comments about the clip and Persian rap.
1. rap singing has become so popular among youth in the last 4-5 years. most rappers in this clip haven't entered their 20s i bet.
2. hitch-kas is one of the most professional Iranian rappers; the first rapper who has released an album 'Jangal-e-Asfalt' with a label. despite his appearance, with that shaved head and mustache that is really rare and rustic among trendy Tehranis, he is popular. his lyrics are comparatively less explicit, and i think his beats and texts are the most polished.
3. the video is captured in Tehran. but I wonder how :-O. rap is an underground music in Iran; pretty natural when many rappers sing about sniffing coke, having sex or duping girls at the parties etc. of course 'sterile' raps can be sometimes heard in TV.
4. hitch-kas starts his song with praising the god. in one part he pays tribute to martyrs of the war. in another part of the text he says he and his gang will give their lives for four things: God, country, family and pals. i think Iranian rappers have succeeded in tailoring the genre to Iranian culture.
5. i like this part: 'we're a bunch of soldiers, [our] lives at our hands, so Ezra'eel [the Angel of Death] is a pal with our gang!]. witty.
6. in Iranian-scale the video is really professional.
7. the musical instrument flashed for some seconds at the end the video clip is santur, it's got a really beautiful sound and is played by two wooden delicate sticks.